Volunteer Programme For International Chinese Teachers
Feedback from Volunteers
Request Form Download
International Volunteer Programs for Overseas Chinese Language Teachers
Download Application Forms
The Ministry of Education Of PRC
China Scholarship Council
Beijing Language and Culture University
Chinese Service For Scholary Exchange
China Internet Information Center
Learn Chinese Online
Implementation of the āProgram of International Overseas Volunteer Chinese Language Teachersā
Article 1 To further adapt to new development of Chinese education around the world, and to meet the dire need for Chinese language teachers, the following policies were made on the basis of the āImplementation Regulations on the Program of Chinese Volunteers to Teach Chinese in Foreign Countriesā enacted by the Ministry of Education of the Peopleās Republic of Chinaā.
Article 2 The Office of Chinese Language Council International (Hanban) is the primary administration organization responsible for the implementation of the āProgram of International Overseas Volunteer Chinese Language Teachersā (hereinafter referred to as āOverseas Volunteer Programā).
Article 3 Hanban commissions the Education (culture) office of Chinese embassies in foreign countries to implement and organize the āOverseas Volunteer Programā of the country of mission.
Article 4 Any foreign citizens, overseas Chinese, and exchange students who are qualified according to the application requirements can apply to be come international overseas volunteer Chinese language teachers (hereinafter āoverseas volunteersā).
Article 5 Overseas applicants must the following qualifications:
i Must hold legal resident status in the country of residence;
ii Have a love for the teaching of Chinese language to foreigners and are enthusiastic and cooperative;
iii Must have a minimum junior college level education and have a good command of standard Mandarin;
iv Between 22 to 60 years old, healthy and moral, no record of participation in dissident religious organizations or illegal activities and no criminal record;
v Possesses required Chinese teaching qualifications for the country or region of residence or has certain amount of Chinese teaching experience and skills;
vi Competent in local language communication and cross-cultural adaptability necessary for the living and working in the country of residence.
Article 6 Applicants are required to submit the following materials:
1) Curriculum vitae (in both Chinese and English);
2) Copies of valid identification card;
3) Copies of degree certificates;
4) Certification and qualification materials related to the teaching of Chinese language;
5) Evidence of no-criminal record;
6) Heath check certification for the last three months;
7) Proof of legal status in country of residence.
8ļ¼Other necessary certification documents.
Responsibilities and Obligations
Article 7 During the serving period, overseas volunteers should:
1) Complete their volunteer service strictly according to the āInternational Overseas Volunteer Chinese Language Service Agreementā.
2) Respect their position and work, and cooperate with other colleagues;
3) Abide by the local laws and regulations of employing organizations;
4) Abide by all other Hanban regulations that relates to overseas volunteers.